Sunday, September 1, 2013

What Do You Want To Be Known For?

There are many things that I want people to think of me, but I asked myself the other day,"What do I most want to be known for? Is it my talents, my beauty, or my intellect?" As I pondered this, another question came to mind,"What should I be known for?" Then God brought a verse to mind, "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."John 13:35

Of all the things that I want to be known for, the greatest thing I want to be known for is God's love in me. First Corinthians 13:1-3 says, "If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing." If I have all talent, beauty, and intellect but do not have love, I am nothing. If we are in Christ we should be known for love, for "God is Love"1 John 4:8. I want to be more loving.

What are you known For? What do you want to be known for? How can you become what you want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment