Monday, March 16, 2015

Hunger Me For You

May I hunger and thirst for righteousness (Mat 5:6)
And be satisfied with your likeness.(psalm 17:15)
May I feast on true bread and be filled with true drink. (John 6:55)
May my soul pant for You, as a deer pants for the brook. (Psalm 42:1)
May the doing of your will be my food (John 4:34)
And the nearness of you my good. (Psalm 73:28)
May I be filled with the fullness of your love.(Eph 3:19)
And live by every word proceeding from the mouth of God. (Luke 4:4)

O bread that came from heaven!
O manna divine!
Come fill my heart and renew my mind.

O pure and living water!
O precious cup of blood!
Refresh my soul, and cleanse me, my God!

You drank the dreaded cup of wrath, 
that I might drink from the river of life! (Heb 9:22, Rev 22:1)
Your body was broken as bread for my sins,
 that I might eat and be justified! (1 Cor 11:24)

I am unworthy to eat at your table,
but you wash my feet and sit by my side.
Yes, your table is filled with tax collectors and sinners.
'Twas for the unrighteousness you came to die.

You will clothe me in white to be your Bride! And I shall feast with my groom, the Lamb of God!

Slain for my sin,
Yet risen again.
O precious supper,
Thy body and blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment