Thursday, December 20, 2012

Headless

Without a head
I have never met a living headless person, nor a dead one for that matter. the fact is that if you are alive, you have a head. Your head contains a vital organ. Your brain. Without your brain, you cannot do anything. Your brain governs everything in your entire body.  For instance, your heart is important, but it would not beat without your brain telling it to beat. There is nothing that you do aside from your head. In Ephesians 5:23b says "Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body." Christ is the head of every Christian. This means we should do nothing apart from Him.

Christ' Head
God is the head of Christ (1Corinthians 11:3). Christ did nothing apart from his head. Christ set the perfect example for every Christian. We will fail to submit to our head in everything while we are still in our fleshly, but submission should be our goal. We are still on a journey to sanctification, and we must walk by the spirit. We should ask before we act, " What would you have me to do Lord?". We are to have the attitude and mind of Christ. Philippians 2:5  says, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:". Consider what Jesus' attitude was toward His head.

*In John 6:38 Jesus said, "'For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me."

*John 5:19, 20, and 30 say,  "So then Jesus said to them,' Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. For the father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel. I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me."

*John 4:34 Says, " Jesus said to them, 'My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work."

Who's Your Head?
Is Christ your head? Does He govern your life? To say He is your savior and not your Lord is ludicrous. There is no such thing as a headless Christian, and if you are your own head, you are not a Christian. God wants your whole heart, mind, soul, and life. Surrender to Him. Ask yourself if you are truly living with Christ as your head.




No comments:

Post a Comment