Monday, December 31, 2012

This New Year

Somebody asked me if I had a new year's resolution the other day. I replied "It is good to have goals in this life so that you can intentionally be striving to reach them. I have goals, but that they are life goals."  We never have to wait for a new year to begin to begin again. We are give new opportunities every day. Life is so short! If we have no goals we'll waist our time quickly. I want to make the most of my time because the days are evil Ephesians 5:16. I want to live for God's glory. I can do nothing apart from God's grace and power John 15:5.


I want to glorify God in my thoughts, words, and actions. 1 Corinthians 10:31 That is how I will divide my list. Here are a few of my life goals.

Thoughts and Attitudes
*I am working towards having a meek and quiet spirit which is precious in God's sight. 1 Peter 3:4
*I want to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5
*I desire to practice contentment. Discontentment lead to the first sin and leads to all others. Philippians 10:1
*It is my goal to have a humble submissive attitude as did Christ. Philippians 2:5-8

Actions
*I desire to study God's word daily. Matthew 4:4
*It is my goal to memorize scripture so that I might not sin against God. Psalm 119:11
*I want to boldly and humbly share the gospel. Mark 16:15
*I want to honor and obey my parents. Ephesians 6:1-3
*I don't want to keep a record of wrongs, but I want to forgive just as Christ forgave me.1 Corinthians 13:5, Collosians 3:13
*I own nothing, and I want to be a good steward of the earthly things God has given me. 1 Corinthians 10:26
*I want to serve others and consider them better than myself. Philippians 2:3, 1 Corinthians 13:5
*It is my goal to never pay back evil for evil, but to overcome it with good. 1Peter 3:9, Romans 12:17-21
*I want to speak for those who can not speak for themselves. Proverbs 31:8
*I am striving to flee youthful lust, deny ungodliness and worldly desires, and guard my heart. 2 Timothy 2:22, Titus 2:12, Proverbs 4:23
*I want to be hospitable. Hebrews 13:12, 1Peter 4:9
*I want to be patient and kind. 1 Corinthians 13:4
*I do not want to be educated in evil, but rather be mature in my thinking. 1 Corinthians 14:20

Words
*I want to rejoice in all circumstances and cease from complaining. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
*I want my words to be edifying to others, and I desire to become a better encourager. Ephesians 4:29
*I desire not to use sarcasm, coarse jesting, filthy language, silly talk, or idle words. Ephesians 4:29,       Ephesians 5:4, Matthew 12:36
*I will not misuse the name of the Lord my God. Exodus 20:7
*I want to let my yes be yes and my no be no. I need not swear. Matthew 5:33-37
*I do not want to gossip or slander. 1 Timothy 3:11
*I want to always be truthful. Leviticus 9:11
*I desire to boast in nothing but the Lord. 1 Corinthians 13:4
*It is my goal not to quarrelsome. 2 Timothy 2:22

What are your goals? Have you considered the ways you use your time. Are you seeking God's glory or your own? I hope you will live intentionally for the glory of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment