Thursday, September 11, 2014

Come Away

"Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away"
Song of Solomon 2:10

Solomon wrote these words to his beloved wife. He beckoned her to come and enjoy intimacy with him away from everyone and everything else.

"O my dove, in the clefts of the rock, in the secret place of the steep pathway... let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet." Song of Solomon 2:14

He called her away with him to be alone so they could enjoy each others presence. 


Jesus spoke similar words to His disciples.

"And he said to them, 'Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.' For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat." Mark 6:31

In fact, Jesus was always slipping away to be alone with the Father. Often His disciples would search for Him because He had gone away to pray. Jesus knew the importance of coming away. He knew the sweetness of secret intimacy. 

Christ is the husband of the church (2 Cor 11:2, Is 54:5). He beckons His bride as Solomon beckoned his. 

"Come away." I hear Him say to me. "Come away from all the worries and cares in this life. Come away from your distractions and daily tasks. Come away and rest in my presence and commune with me. Come away and enjoy intimacy in my presence. " I hear Him calling, "In the secret place let me hear your voice."

How often are we in the desolate place? How often do we come away to pray? We have much more need of coming away than Jesus did. Let us imitate Christ. Can you hear Him calling? "Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and Come away. Come away. Come away."


No comments:

Post a Comment